These are the official Terms and Conditions (the “T&Cs”) for Coffee Ventures Europe Ltd. European Coffee Symposium (ECS). For the purpose of these official T&Cs, the Event means collectively European Coffee Symposium ™ (ECS) and all associated activities relating to the Event, including various Experiences (the “Experiences”). The Event will be held 27 - 29 Nov 2023 at The W Hotel, Barcelona.
By registering and participating in the Event, the entrant (the ‘Entrant’) agrees to be bound by these T&Cs.
1. THE EVENT
Coffee Ventures Europe Ltd is hosting The European Coffee Symposium, a high profile B2B event for influential business leaders in the European coffee shop, foodservice and food retail sectors.
The Event is being held at the W Hotel, Barcelona. The event is split over 3 days: 27 - 29 November 2023.
The ECS Experiences are included for all Buyers, and can be ‘add on’ activities for all Suppliers which can be purchased and pre-booked when purchasing the main ECS ticket. These can also be added onto the booking after the ECS ticket has been purchased.
3. THE EVENT ORGANISERS
The Event is organised by Coffee Ventures Europe. Ltd whose registered number is 6754003 and whose registered office is at Coffee Ventures Europe Ltd. 106 Arlington Road, London, NW1 7HP. Coffee Ventures Europe Ltd. reserves the right to cancel, modify or terminate this Event at any time if it cannot be operated, conducted or completed as planned due to reasons beyond the reasonable control of Coffee Ventures Europe Ltd. In the event of cancellation, another date will be provided at a location determined by Coffee Ventures Europe Ltd. in its sole discretion. A refund may be provided if a consumer cannot attend the rescheduled date or location, at the discretion of Coffee Ventures Europe Ltd. The Event includes Experiences. These Experiences will be taking place at the W Hotel, Barcelona and in the City throughout the event.
4. WHO IS ELIGIBLE?
The Event is open to those who:
- Are over 18 years of age on the day of the Event, or,
- Have a valid ticket
The Experiences are open to those who:
- Are over 18 years of age on the date of the Event
- Have booked and paid for a valid Experience at The Event, and,
- Deem themselves as fit and well to take part in the Experiences
Participation is void where any of the above is not met. By booking an Experience you represent and warrant that you are 18 or older and that you agree to abide by all of the terms and conditions of these Terms and Conditions. Any registration by anyone under the age of 18 is unauthorized, unlicensed and in violation of the event T&Cs.
5. WHAT ARE THE ENTRY CONDITIONS?
- Entry per ticket is limited to one (1) entry per person and any additional, subsequent entries will be void. Receipt of ticket purchase will be acknowledged at the end of the registration and payment process.
- The Entrant warrants that the information submitted in the online entry form (and any other information supplied to Coffee Ventures Europe Ltd. or any other third party in relation to the Event) is provided truthfully and accurately. Incomplete or illegible entries, or those which are not submitted in accordance with the entry instructions, will be invalid and the Entrant will be denied entry into the Event. Coffee Ventures Europe Ltd. is not responsible for undelivered forms submitted or for any computer malfunction in connection with any entry and incomplete or illegible entries will not be accepted and will only be able to access the event by purchasing tickets on the door, on a ‘first-come-first serve’ basis. No responsibility will be accepted for any lost, delayed or damaged entries or for actions or inactions by the Entrant (No expenses including without limitations travel expenses incurred in connection with the Event will be paid by Coffee Ventures Europe Ltd.).
- Participation in the Event is voluntary. Should the Entrant not participate in the Event, the Entrant will not be afforded no additional a refund or compensation.
- All costs associated with participation in the Event, in particular travel to and from the Event location, shall be covered by the Entrant. Coffee Ventures Europe Ltd. is not responsible for any costs associated with participation.
6. EXPERIENCE CHANGES
- If the Entrant purchases Experiences for ECS, they will not be able to cancel or replace the Experience purchased. It is left at the sole discretion of the Event Organisers to decide if this can be done.
- This contract is made between the Entrant and Coffee Ventures Europe Ltd. If the Entrant is purchasing tickets for more than one person, on signing these terms and conditions that Entrant (person purchasing the ticket) is accepting the terms and condition for all of the ticket holders (Entrants) they have purchased tickets for. The Entrant takes responsibility for these ticket holders and accepts the terms and conditions on their behalf. Any disputes will need to be made through the Main Entrant (ticket purchaser).
8. HOW DO I REGISTER?
- Registration for the Event will open 1 January 2023 and continues until the Event is over or until all places have been filled, whichever is soonest. The Entrant should follow the registration procedure to enter the Event as follows: Visit the ECS Website: http://www.europeancoffeesymposium.com/ and apply for a place, where the Entrant will be asked to register their details, and apply to be considered to attend the Event. If accepted, the Entrant will then be able to add Experiences to the booking if not already included. After payment the Entrant will then receive the booking confirmation via email. The Entrant will need to provide this booking confirmation as well as a valid ID to gain access to the Event and Experiences.
- This website is intended solely for Users who are 18 years of age or older. Any registration by, use of or access to the website by anyone under 18 is unauthorized, unlicensed and in violation of these T&C’s.
- To participate at the Event, the Entrant will supply personal information which will be processed by virtue of their participation. This includes the personal data included in this form, in connection with registration and other personal data processed through the Event itself. Coffee Ventures Europe Ltd. will process this personal information for the purposes of administering the Event and for the specific purposes described here in accordance with applicable data protection and privacy law. By accepting these T&C’s, the Entrant consents to Coffee Ventures Europe Ltd. using your personal information to keep the Entrant up to date about other similar events and news.
9. LICENSE TO USE COMMENTS, FEEDBACK AND IDEAS
- The Entrant hereby grants to Coffee Ventures Europe Ltd. a perpetual license to use all comments, feedback and ideas the Entrant shares with them, without notice, compensation or prior consent, for any purposes whatsoever, including, but not limited to, developing, manufacturing and marketing products and services and creating, modifying or improving products and services.
10. HOW SHOULD I CONDUCT MYSELF?
- The Entrant accepts that he/she has a duty to participate in a manner which is as safe as reasonably possible and, in particular, to abide by the rules of the Event, adhere to the safety information and instructions and take reasonable care to avoid dangerous situations and to look after both the Entrant and other Entrants. The Entrant also understands that the consequences of any failure to comply with such rules might include loss of the Entrant’s eligibility to take part in future similar events.
- Coffee Ventures Europe Ltd. does not provide the Entrant with any insurance, either life, travel, medical or liability, for any illness, accident, injury, loss, or damage that may arise in connection with their participation in or attendance at the Event, including without limitation the associated activities. If personal insurance of any kind is desired, this is optional and the Entrant must obtain it themselves. Insurance, all expenses and incidentals not mentioned above are the responsibility of the Entrant in any or all activities associated with this Event is voluntary. In the event that the Entrant elects not to take part in any or all designated activities forming part of the Event, the Entrant will be afforded no additional compensation in exchange therefore or refund. Further, the Entrant warrants that the he/she is not aware of any pre-existing medical conditions or injuries which would place the Entrant at risk through participation in the Event or, if the Entrant does have any such conditions or injuries, the Entrant undertakes to disclose them in writing to Coffee Ventures Europe Ltd. prior to participating in the Event so that Coffee Ventures Europe Ltd. can determine whether (at its sole discretion) the Entrant may participate.
12. FILM & VIDEO RELEASE
- Coffee Ventures Europe Ltd. and other associated parties authorised by Coffee Ventures Europe Ltd. may photograph or film the Event for advertising, promotional or other commercial purposes. The Entrant hereby consents and agrees that photographs, film and video may be taken whilst participating in the Event and associated activities. To the extent permitted by law, the Entrant irrevocably grants Coffee Ventures Europe Ltd. and its associated entities and, where authorised by Coffee Ventures Europe Ltd., third party commercial partners, the right indefinitely and throughout the world, without any expectation of compensation, to use the Entrant’s photograph, video, image, likeness or other recorded media obtained in connection with the Event in any media, including, but not limited to television, the internet, magazines, product catalogues and brochures, point-of-purchase videos and displays, and any other printed or written material in connection therewith, for the purpose of advertising, promoting, marketing, and selling Coffee Ventures Europe Ltd. and associated entities products and/or promoting the Event.
13. COFFEE VENTURES EUROPE LTD. RIGHT TO REFUSE ENTRY
- The Entrant understands and acknowledges that Coffee Ventures Europe Ltd. shall at all times be entitled to refuse their attendance at, and/or their participation in Event activities if the Entrant does not comply with this agreement or with the directions of Coffee Ventures Europe Ltd. staff or representatives at the Event. This includes, but is not limited to, the Entrant being under the influence of alcohol.
14. CANCELLATION POLICY
Substitutions may be made at any date via the “manage your booking” page on the website.
Cancellations can be made up to 60 working days before the event. Cancellations must be confirmed in writing and will be subject to a 20% cancellation charge. Cancellations after that date will be subject to full payment. Non-attendance or non-payment does not constitute cancellation. Coffee Ventures Europe Ltd reserves the right to alter the content and timing or location of the event for reasons beyond its control.
In the event of a force majeure (war, attacks, strike, national mourning, epidemics, natural disasters, etc.), or government restrictions, or in the interest of good event management practices, the health and safety of exhibitors and visitors or the interest of the successful delivery and satisfaction of sponsors and delegates; the organisers reserve the right to postpone or alter the format and/or location (including transferring the event online) or cancel the event. In the case of a postponement or alteration, the event booking is automatically transferred to the new dates and/or event location (physical or digital). The Event Organisers are not liable for any loss or compensation of expenses incurred due to a postponement or alteration of the event.
15. OTHER TERMS
- By participating in the Event, the Entrant agrees to be bound by these T&Cs and the decisions of Coffee Ventures Europe Ltd. which shall be final. Any violation of these T&Cs may result in disqualification of the Entrant. If the Entrant is unable to attend and participate in the Event, no refund will be paid to the Entrant. For safety and to maximize the Entrant’s event experience, those that do not have all prescribed items will not be permitted to participate. Participation in additional activities available at the Event on the Event day is optional and may incur an additional cost.
- In the event that the operation, security, or administration of the Event is impaired in any way for any reason, including, but not limited to fraud, virus, or other technical problems, Coffee Ventures Europe Ltd. may, in its sole discretion, suspend the Event to address the impairment and then resume the Event in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these T&Cs. Coffee Ventures Europe Ltd. reserves the right in its sole discretion to remove and ban any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Event or to be acting in violation of these T&Cs or in an unsportsmanlike, inappropriate or disruptive manner, or who might, in the reasonable opinion of Coffee Ventures Europe Ltd., bring the Coffee Ventures Europe Ltd. brand into disrepute.
- Any attempt by any person to undermine the legitimate operation of the Event may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Coffee Ventures Europe Ltd. reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law. Failure by Coffee Ventures Europe Ltd. to enforce any term of these T&Cs shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. To the extent permitted by law, by participating in the Event, the Entrant agrees to release and hold harmless Coffee Ventures Europe Ltd. its parent and related entities, and their respective officers, directors, employees, and agents and any social media platforms used in relation to the promotion of the Event (the “Released Parties”) from and indemnify them against any sum, damage, loss, charge, expense, claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Event or receipt or use of a gift, including, but not limited to: (a) unauthorized human intervention in the Event; (b) technical errors related to computers, servers, providers, or telephone or network lines; (c) printing errors; (d) lost, late, postage-due, misdirected, or undeliverable mail; (e) errors in the administration of the Event or the processing of entries; or (f) injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from Entrant’s participation in the Event or receipt or use of any gift.
- To the extent permitted by applicable law and with the exception of liability for gross negligence or wilful misconduct of the Released Parties, the Entrant further agrees that in any cause of action (i) the Released Parties’ liability will be limited to the cost of participating in the Event, and in no event shall the Released Parties be liable for legal fees and (ii) the Entrant waives the right to claim any damages whatsoever that may arise in connection with these T&Cs or the Entrant's participation in the Event. The Entrant confirms that he/she will not publish or post to any website or social media platform or other media operated by Coffee Ventures Europe Ltd. or related to the Event any text, statement, photograph, image or other material which is obscene, defamatory, infringes the intellectual property or other legal rights of any third party or is otherwise unlawful, offensive, discriminatory or inappropriate. Coffee Ventures Europe Ltd. will have the right to remove any material at its discretion and take appropriate legal action against any person found to be or alleged to be in breach of this clause.
- These T&Cs and any disputes arising in connection thereto shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales and shall be subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England. If for any reason, a court of competent jurisdiction finds any provision or portion thereof, to be unenforceable, the remainder of these T&Cs will still be applicable and in full force and effect.